Social Spanish Course: Beginner Level 3
EARLYBIRD DEAL: £20 OFF JANUARY COURSES BEFORE 11 DECEMBER. USE CODE: 'EARLYBIRD'.
Want to book for May 2018? Get 10% of with our SUPEREARLYBIRD deal until 5 March 2018 with the code 'SUPEREARLYBIRD'.
Social lesson expenses not included.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Weekly 1 hour 45 minute lessons over 12 weeks;
- three social, practical lessons outside the classroom to learn new lingo and practise your skills;
- free access to our app course for daily practice between lessons;
- free access to our online messaging platform for daily access to a community of learners;
- two teachers in every lesson of up to 18 students - student teacher ratio of 1:9;
- weekly home learning tasks and optional extra activities;
- catch-up tasks if you miss a lesson;
- the Stripey Spanish Passport: a unique self-assessment and reference tool to keep you aware of your progress.
By the end of Elementary Level 3 you should be able to:
- Describe your ideal home and its contents;
- give directions to your home;
- Describe an environment in detail - dimensions, shapes, furniture and compare it with other spaces;
- draft a text using a range of structures;
- describe the people that you admire and ask probing questions about someone's personality and motivations in life.
- Include the perfect past tense and the imperative mood to give commands.
The JANUARY Social Lessons
1. Latin-American hot chocolate tasting workshop
Explore the distinctive flavours of chocolates from across Latin America as you sample hot chocolates and explore cacao cultivation in Latin American Countries at a chocolate haven nestled in Islington.
2. Immerse yourselves in a Spanish escape room challenge
A team escape room challenge (think: Crystal Maze) is the perfect way to get you speaking and exploring environments in Spanish. A thoroughly engaging way to see your Spanish skills develop.
3. A Cuban music workshop
Consolidate your learning and see your skills come together as you participate in a workshop designed to get you learning Cuban Spanish, playing the rythms and enjoying the soulful and exciting Rumba. This workshop is led by word-class Rumba musician Gerardo de Armas.
Social lesson expenses not included. Social lessons normally occur at the same day but may occur on at different timings or on a different night of the week. Social lesson costs range £15-£30 per lesson.
The MAY 2018 Social Lessons
1. Pub games
Learn your “escaleras” from your “serpientes” in a night where beer and board games meet - in Spanish. This social night is designed to whittle the competitive from the rest as we use each round to practise our Spanish banter and thirst for victory.
2. Jamón-tasting night
Explore one of Spain’s gastronomic delights with a night of tasting a selection of cured meats paired, of course, with wine and Spanish conversation. In this session we will explore the origins, preparation and hidden histories of jamón and leave with our bellies full.
In this social night we’ll explore the text and learn key language from the play before enjoying a fantastic live Spanish performance.
Enrol Online Now
EARLYBIRD DEAL: £20 OFF JANUARY COURSES BEFORE 11 DECEMBER. USE CODE: 'EARLYBIRD'