Join our next Level 1 Social Spanish course
Scroll down for more course dates and times.
Level 1 Course Social Lessons*
1. Kick off the course with sangria in a pub
Get meeting people and sharing information from the get go in a social lesson hosted at a gorgeous little pub in Islington.
2. Cook Spanish tapas and explore ingredients
Mid-way way through the term we get you out again - this time to a kitchen where you will learn to prepare amazing tapas with an experienced chef and explore recipes in a central London cookery school.
3. Conversation in Spanish over dinner in a Peruvian restaurant
On a Stripey Spanish Social Spanish Level 1 course You'll: .
- Enjoy three social lessons on each 10-week course
- Weekly 1.5 hour lessons: mix of classroom lessons in our Old Street classroom with events designed for practise and fun.
- practice daily with apps on your phone;
- get two trained, qualified and passionate teachers with you every step of the way;
- receive an assessment and personalised feedback;
- achieve an end of course certificate;
- have catch-up tasks and resources if you miss a lesson;
- Use the Stripey Spanish Passport: a free booklet full of resources and a progress tracking tool.
The lingo you'll learn
By the end of Beginner Level 1 you will be able to:
- Greet people and introduce yourself;
- share your interests and introduce the people in it using regular verbs;
- use some everyday Spanish slang, interact and use reactions in conversation;
- use survival phrases to clarify the meaning and pronunciation of words;
- describe a recipe and ingredients;
- order your food;
- learn practicalities of food shopping including quantities and prices;
- have a short conversation as part of our final social assessment in a restaurant.
SECURE MY SPOT - Enrol me
*Food/drink/specialist tuition expenses for social lessons not included | Additional cost per course for social lessons is £75.
Want in? Choose a course date and time below: