Social Spanish Course: Beginner Level 1
No lessons during the week 23-27 October | Social lesson expenses not included.
- Weekly 1 hour 45 minute lessons over 12 weeks (one week study break in the middle);
- three social lessons as outings to learn new lingo and practise your skills;
- feedback and attention from two teachers in every lesson including a native-speaker;
- small class sizes - a maximum of 18 students;
- weekly home learning tasks and optional extra activities;
- missing a lesson? Get catch-up tasks;
- the Stripey Spanish Passport: a unique self-assessment and reference tool to keep you in the driving seat.
The lingo you'll learn
By the end of Beginner Level 1 you should be able to:
- use ordinary expressions to greet people and introduce yourself;
- share information about your life and the people in it;
- use everyday Spanish slang to give your opinions;
- give a range of reactions in conversation;
- use survival phrases to clarify the meaning and pronunciation of words;
- give your contact details and correct mis-spelling;
- get to grips with practicalities: shopping including quantities and prices;
- put your skills to practise in a restaurant over dinner.
The Social Lessons
1. Kick off the course with sangria in a pub
Get speaking from socially from the get go in Week 1 with a social Spanish lesson at this gorgeous little venue in Angel.
2. Learn to prepare amazing tapas and explore recipes
Mid-way way through the term we get you out again - this time to a kitchen where you will learn to prepare amazing tapas with an experienced chef and explore recipes in a central London cookery school.
3. Show off your Spanish skills in a Latin restaurant over dinner
Get out to enjoy some of London's best Latin American cuisine while you use all the lingo learnt so far with a glass of vino in one hand - the only real way to review your progress!
Social lesson expenses not included.
No lessons during the week 23-27 October